Brightway Logo
Answers & Community for Brain Injury
Ask a QuestionAsk Question

Psychologist or psychiatrist?

This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.


I went to a neuropsychiatrist every few months that prescribed meds and therapy. Saw a therapist every other week. The neuro psych will be more in tune to what you’re going through from brain damage.


Psychologist is the "talk" rehabilitation and the Psychiatrist is the pharmaceutical drugs experimentation.

Personally I do Pyschologist and immerse myself in Brain Injured groups and meet others ask loads of questions and experiment with natural living. So far it has worked for the past 31 years of living with my Brain Injury.