Brightway Logo
Answers & Community for Brain Injury
Ask a QuestionAsk Question

Are there sleep doctors that are familiar with brain injury?

This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Division Director PM&R

Answer transcribed from Brightway's interview with Dr. Thomas Franz:

Well, what I would say is that you would want to look at pulmonologists as someone who would address obstructive sleep apnea. But if you have any other concerns about your sleep then seeing a neurologist or psychiatrist who operates a sleep lab would really be the the way to go.

Your physiatrist, your physical medicine rehab doctor, if you have one in your community can be a gatekeeper to getting you to those appropriate specialists.